Help FUMC Volunteer Opportunities
Projects or repairs needed around the church campus:
If you see one or more projects or repairs below that you would like to tackle, please call John Tubbs at 408-734-0472 or 408-480-0538 (cell). The church workshop has most of the tools, etc. required.
- Install longer screws in the hinges of the Sunday School door that exits to the playground
- Figure out how to re-direct the water from the downspouts of the sanctuary roof
- Prune the pines near the sidewalk from the front parking lot
- Redo the striping of the front parking lot
- Replace the screening on the door leading from the primary kitchen to the back room
- Replace burned out bulbs in the interior of the sanctuary
- Prepare (sand, etc.) and apply the primer coat and finish coat to the door frames of the exterior entrances to the gardens and columbarium.
- Spread mulch on the bare areas of the campus
- Remove unwanted brush and trees from the Catholic church side of the office
- Replace, reposition or repair the door stops, especially the one on the choir door
- Pick up trash, especially around the back parking lot
- Wash windows, inside and out (Note: only clear water may be used on the sanctuary windows)